Anointed

I have realized how few are the Christians who actually know what the words "Christ" and "Christian" really mean.
-
The anointing of the Holy Spirit was something unknown to me. Although ever since the first day I got saved, I had felt a warmth in my heart and everything seemed bright in my eyes, I hadn't felt the anointing. Although I had seen pictures or icons of saints and apostles with the yellow thing on their heads, I had never once questioned what it was.
-
Once, a Muslim friend I was witnessing to told me he could feel an aura around this priest I introduced him to. I still had no clue of what the anointing was. Paul stresses the importance of feeling Christ inside us and not just being called Christians (2 Cor 13:5). People used to get healed from Peter's shadow and others from Pauls dirty cloths. It seems that the anointing which is the power of God was a tangible power in those who served God.
-
I believe it will be a pity to serve Him without being 'charged' first. I believe we all need the anointing to live our lives just as Adam did before the fall (and never realized he was naked).
-
I am surprised to find most Christians not only do not know what "Christian" means, but have never felt the anointing and have never used it.
It was God's promise to Adam and Eve that He will redeem them and through the One who was born of the Holy Spirit through the virgin, the plan of salvation would be completed. Now through our faith in Him, we can receive the same Spirit that made it possible and become followers of the founder of our faith: the anointed one, Jesus Christ.
-
I first felt the anointing as electricity on my body; then it made my hands and arms move and eventually taught me how to be led by Him and took over my entire being, it made me fall on the ground, delivered me from bondages and still works on me to turn me into His likeness. Later on, it filled me with the power to confront the enemy and with the courage to witness to unbelievers. It sometimes turns my hand red and hard like a rock as I get inspired and get prepared for something God has in store for me. He works in such miraculous ways. I have learned to use it to bring people out of the condition they are in. I have learned to use it to pass it on to others by laying my hand on them. I believe it has the power of healing and casting out demons.
-
"... God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil because God was with him." (Acts 10:38) The Lord said we will do what he did and even more. (John 14:12-14)
-
God has provided the power and means for us to bring His Kingdom on earth as it is in Heaven. It is up to us to seek what God has already made available for us 2000 years ago on the cross. It is up to us to take it and use it using our faith.
-
Our life is hidden with Christ in God (Col 3:3). As Christians, we should realize how essential it is for a Christian (an anointed one) to live as a Christian (an anointed life). I believe we are not ordinary people but sons of God with a divine identity, so we should live our lives accordingly with the power we have received from above.



Popular Posts