Encounter with God


Then Job replied to the LORD:
"I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted. You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?' Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. "You said, 'Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.' My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes. (Job 42:1-6)

What does an encounter with God change?
  • Abraham turned from despair to faith after seeing the stars in heaven and the greatness of God’s grace.
  • Moses begged God to see His face and his face was shining so bright with the glory of God that he had to cover it with a veil.
  • Naaman gave up all human effort and asked for a piece of land so he can worship Him there.
  • Jacob turned from being someone on the run to someone walking with God.
  • Saul turned from a Church Persecutor to a Church Planter.
What does an encounter with God change? ...Everything.
Have you met your God? Have you ever had one of those life-changing encounters with Him?

If yes, When was it? How long has it been? Do you still seek His face?
If no, What is keeping you? Is it worth it?
I choose to do like King David and say:
"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." (Ps 27:13-14).

Popular Posts