Quiet Waters (Psalm 23)

"The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters" (Ps 23:1-2)

In the turmoil of our daily duties and tasks, and in all the crowded networks of our social, professional and ministerial lives, there lies our Shepherd, the Lord our God. In the crowded flock, I can always raise my head above all the mess, to find Him standing there, leading me, providing for me, and speaking to me though the Holy Spirit, as if by the sound of "quiet waters".

"He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake." (Ps 23:3)

His voice gives me peace. His voice soothes my troubled soul. He comforts my agitated emotions. He gives me strength. My comforter is almighty God. He is my leader. I follow Him alone. I belong to Him. I live for Him. For His name's sake I would offer my life. I trust Him. 

"Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." (Ps 23:4) 

Just to be close to You, Lord, is my only desire. To be next to You and enjoy Your authority and fatherhood is my victory; sweet victory over the evil one.

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows." (Ps 23:5)
I have my eyes fixed on You and on the prize you have set before me: Christ in me, the hope of glory. I have your fullness inside me. My joy is made complete, as Christ is being formed in me.

"Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." (Ps 23:6)

We are one. You in me and I in You. My house in You and Your temple in me. My self is now accustomed to the climate, to the norm and great pleasure of Your love and goodness. You are my house, my family, my everything, forever...


Popular Posts