In These Days


The below poem is dedicated to my spiritual father and pastor, Rev. Kevork Tchaparian, on the occasion of his engagement.
God woke me up during the night and inspired me to write this, two days before the engagement. I recited this poem during the engagement in our church. I let the poem speak for itself...


God gives you flight.
I see Him doing it.
Through your steps of courage,
I see the Father. I see a ladder.
Angels ascending and descending it.

Now I see a new sight.
Smiling down from the Heavens,
Handing down a gift,
It’s the Father of lights,
full of love, full of glory.
As He gave us His dove,
He gives you a trophy.

A new garment, a new armor
If what you had was Elijah’s
This is Joseph’s multicolored
Vest, unlike the rest
Favored among the best.
Now your life’s about to blossom
and one can only guess what’s to follow,
A new beginning, a new tomorrow,
A queen to ease your sorrow,
A team to lift you up,
Hold you close to your emblem,
To your prince, to your love:
Your sweet and priceless Jesus

He will flourish this forest
And bring joy to this house.
God will give us a mother,
As He gives you a spouse.
Just when we thought we had enough,
He will replenish with His grace.
So that this place may be called,
not just his house, but his home,
His very own… Spring of Life

in these days…



Popular Posts