Perseverance

I have been called, not been named,
Known by fame and still the same.
I persevere, yes I do.
I keep moving, it’s been proved.

You can find me moving fast,
You can find me moving slow.
Never stagnant or confused.
They ask me to run their show.

I ensure longevity.
Yes, I endure endlessly.
You hear me? Hopelessness?
My long gone arch-nemesis?

Hear nothing but the heartbeat.
Keep moving like a cruise.
No surrender, No retreat.
No despair, No excuse.

They ask me to run their show.
But for me to be in flow,
I need fuel and I need coal.
I need aim and can’t be tamed.

I’m the same and can’t be changed.
Aged, yes I have, for sure,
No doubts and no denial.
I pray, believe and implore.

Until the prize which I’ll gain,
I will be trialed and re-trialed,
Yes, over and over again…
Until I have reached the shore.

I have been put here by the Sire:
The King of Heaven and men,
For the purpose of His desire:
To be one with you again.



Popular Posts