Faith of Christ

Peter asked for the faith of Christ, so he could walk on water. He wanted to hear that Christ believes that He CAN walk on water. I don't need my faith. It will always fall short. I want to hear the Good News! It is full of the power of the righteousness of God from faith to faith for all who believe. (Romans 1:16-17)

Yesterday after delivering my sermon on the cross at the school of ministry retreat, and at the end of prayers, the Lord said "remember those instances when you were an alien, an enemy and a rebel and realize now how I was there all the time believing in you!" and I saw the reality and the truth of this fact. He believed in me all that time when I was living in unbelief.

The Bible says that we should believe by the faith of Christ, meaning not by our own faith, but by the faith that God had in us in Christ! THAT is the mustard seed type of faith, that can make all your mountains bounce. God believed in you, before you could believe in God! In fact, it is because God believed first, that you were capable of believing later.

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)


Popular Posts