The Journey of Mr. Monk

Love is drunk.
A monk just slipped
Down the slippery slope
To the Cornerstone.

Intoxicate me
Aroma spread to be,
Nest a seed,
A creation of higher reality.

Separate me from the tempo,
And I'll end up a sand castle;
Blown by the wind
to ashes and flashes.

Anxious in sanctions,
Nation choke nation for fashion.
Display my armor?
I need not.

Explain my pain and what not?
All in vain, all a game.
A man of sorrows/
A man of fame.

"Let us drink and be merry"?
Let us sink, if necessary.
We will rise again
It's elementary.

Love is drunk
Love is merry
A wine that's heavenly
Has no hangover,

No end to the dream.
On a sofa, we scheme
with angels we've seen.
It's a glorious scene!

Fools drink the milk.
The wise take the pills.
The poor look at the floor.
Hope steps in the door.

It's a new morning.
Wake up to a new story.
I'm sorry for the bumps,
But we're here, Mr. Monk,

Here's your room.
Here's your key.
No more school,
Not a tear.



Comments

Popular Posts