The Call

I became a Christian when I heard God’s voice and surrendered my life to Him 12 years ago. From that point on, everything changed. Instantaneously I was delivered from addictions, found true love, joy, happiness, and purpose.
People who knew me then attributed that change to some psychological thing, or some new arrangement I had made in my life, and of course an extreme move from my part.

The truth is that we are predestined before the beginning of time to be adopted in Christ, and praise God with our lives. Deep down in everyone’s soul, God is at work, inviting us to embrace our destiny and calling, ever since we were born.

Many see dreams, many hear voices, many hear messages from others like me. Some feel the urgency, some respond, others bury it deep in their subconscious, fearing the consequences of such a decision.

Circumstances and conditions try to suppress that call.

I believe in the power of the message and call of God. If a simple but yet profound “follow me” can turn one’s life around, then I believe that real power is not in the rationale, nor the deep philosophical, psychological or intellectual substance of the call, but the TRUTH it carries. You are His own and He is calling you to Himself.

Today if you hear His voice, you do have an option. You can choose to harden your heart and reason your way out of it, or truly stand by the Truth: the truth about your life. You do have the opportunity to respond positively, or at least begin pursuing it.
Your response to that call will dictate the rest of your life.

This thing called life was never intended to be lived out by our own understanding, willpower, and strength. It has always been a dream, not our own, but His. It has always been a passion, not our own but His. It has always been a love story, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and gave Himself for us.

Popular Posts