Melody of a Soldier

My deepest wells cry out for flight and throw.
In the universe, one tests balance and shows men to flow.
All night long, I watch the stars and orbiting stones out in the dark;
A whole world waiting to shine and glow.

My grown body still encapsulates a small, grumpy, ancient soldier.
Holding hands on our fiftieth anniversary,
My oldest memories fade with mysteries in clouds that are heavenly.
My mouth: open in awe.

When I'd be seventy, I might look back and envy the tree that’s been there for centuries.
But in the meantime, I journey in the blue skies towards the innermost parts of my fabric.
From basement to attic, this house is made to sing, to birth new fighters; fighters with wings,
Who breathe wisdom and insight is their thing, to reveal to the world a whole lot of zeal, for a meal.


Comments

Popular Posts