Co-Workers

Seven months ago, the Lord ignited this fire in me to pray for the Nations. So I contacted many friends around the world to set up an appropriate time when we can meet online and pray on a weekly basis according to the way the Spirit leads us. 

During these months, incredible revelations and interventions occurred. The Lord gave us prophecies about several people and nations. Many declarations regarding world events, nations and about the way the Gospel was to spread among them. But one event is the dearest to my heart as it was extremely personal. One night before going online, I felt the anointing of the Lord take hold of me and I suddenly knew that the Lord was in the room. It was not the usual sensation on the body or the electrifying feeling, but an awe and a sense that the Lord is in the room in person just before it was time to start (and that time was a time that we had set), and He said thank you for setting time apart to be used by Him to release His prophetic words over the nations. I felt so humbled. It was the most incredible experience. God who created the Heavens and the Earth thanked me!

The Lord is so humble it is unbelievable, to the point that it gets scary. I sometimes wonder how many times we take Him for granted and how offensive our indifference may be to Him. He has surrendered this great treasure to us. He has given us this ministry. He has given us His Spirit. He has surrendered Himself to us. God has surrendered Himself to ordinary people like you and me (our pastor always reminds us of this fact when talking about Pentecost). How scary is that? We might act like it's not a big deal but it truly is a remarkable thing. Paul says the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets (1 Cor 14:32). Even the words He speaks to prophets are surrendered to the prophets to use with the wisdom and gifting given to them or the leading of the Holy Spirit. Our status as co-workers is truly a marvelous thing. Jesus called the disciples His brothers and went on to say that He is going to the Father so that where He is; there the disciples may be also (John 14:3).

Paul says we are co-workers in God's field (1 Cor 3:9), and I have always thought of pastoring, teaching, preaching doing ministry or church-related work to fit in that category, but praying? No! I always felt like that's something we're supposed to do... but I was wrong! The Lord thanked me for reserving that time and surrendering my mouth and spirit to Him for that period to be used by Him to bless the Nations. On so many other occasions, the Lord intervened to rebuke or give me guidance regarding this specific ministry. I believe it was because I honored Him for the grace He showed us. We oftentimes fail, forget, become lousy, indifferent, etc... But He doesn't change. He sticks to His promise and goes all the way. He reminds us of the promises we made to Him and had forgotten unintentionally. Now that is faithfulness! That is partnership! That is what a friend and brother does in love. I love Him for that. I love Him for being that kind of a friend, a partner, a co-worker. I love Him...

Comments

Popular Posts