Prepare for Warfare

Last week, I had a dream, where I sold my car to buy 3 other vehicles instead, one was a very fast muscle car, the other was a warplane (which could literally drop bombs) and the third was a bus or a minivan of some sort. All three were colorful and not of this world. My parents were puzzled and not so happy with what I had done and even wanted me to sell them, especially the war plane (no wonder!) 

At the end of the dream, I heard a voice that said that if I sell them I would lose a considerable amount of the value. 

I have been thinking and praying about that dream. I am reminded of ancient times when under threat or in a state of war, farmers and field workers would melt their tools to make weapons with them. In the book of Acts, the believers sold their lands and belongings and gave them to the apostles, like Barnabas who sold his land and gave the money to the Apostles (Acts 4:36-37) and was named the son of encouragement and was used very strategically and mightily by the Lord. 

This is the verse that comes to mind: “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds” (2 Corinthians 10:4).

The natural or carnal of this world (represented by my parents in my dream) will urge us to sell/ let go of the supernatural, the calling, life of prayer, spirituality and spiritual warfare. It is up to us to make the right choice. Of course, I do not mean that parents are carnal, I myself am a parent, but parents usually worry about the natural needs of their children and miss the supernatural ones. That is what my parents represented in the dream. We sometimes take that same role in our own very lives and deprive ourselves of the higher calling. 

I believe this is the season to pick up our weapons, fly our warplanes, drive our muscle cars and rescue by buses all captives. It is time to make the right decisions. It is time to value the gift of God. God bless!

Popular Posts